*Disclaimer: I LOVE my parents and I’m in no way trying to disrespect them by posting this.
1. Upon hearing the meals I planned for an upcoming road trip with friends, Dad exclaimed “No rice?! Three days with no rice?!”
2. My mother, on going to the gym – “Sometimes I drive all the way there and feel really tired, so I just drive home and tell myself “At least you tried…””
3. “You know, I was the adventurous one. I was the first one in my family to wear jeans.” – Mum telling me stories from her childhood.
4. Dad can’t say “dinosaur”, he says “dinosaurus”.
5. Dad: How did I know what your mum was thinking? I must have teletubbie.
Me: I think you mean telepathy…
6. Mum gets Hugh Jackman’s name mixed up, calling him “Jack Hughman”.
7. Mum: I think you have to be of a certain calibri…
Me: I think you mean calibre. Calibri is a font.
8. Dad: And for dessert, my colleague had pikachu ice cream.
Me: Excuse me?
Dad: You know, the nut? Pikachu?
Dad: Yeah, that one.