I realised I had a poop-load more after writing the first post, so I just had to do a part 2.
1. “My favourite country is Greece because I like the movie Grease.”
Now, I didn’t actually hear this one from the girl who said it, but it has got to be one of my favourite quotes from a child ever.
2. Me: “Do you reckon you’d need to be good with animals to be a vet?”
Girl: “I’m good with animals because I have a fish and I only feed it sometimes.”
Should I be concerned?
3. Girl: When I grow up I want to be a servant.
Girl: Yeah, like a servant at a restaurant.
Me: You mean a waitress?
Girl: Yeah, a waitress.
4. *A continuation from the conversation in #3*
Me: So, do you think you’d need to go to university to be a waitress?
Girl: Yes, coz it’s really hard work.
5. I’d just taught a lesson at Sunday School about how Jesus turned water into wine and I demonstrated this by adding purple jelly crystals to water. I was reviewing the lesson when this happened.
Me: So, Jesus turned…
6. While babysitting…
Girl: Get your bag, we’re going to Australia.
Me: Okay. What are we gonna do there?
Girl: Just work and stuff.
Me: Are we gonna do anything fun?
Girl: Yeah, work and stuff!
7. Me: Alright kids, it’s time to do some worship. What song would you like to sing today?
Not sure if that constitutes as worship…
8. A little boy at church: You’re tall like my daddy.
Pretty sure I’m half his dad’s size.
9. I overheard this conversation on the bus one day.
Boy 1: Who’s higher up – a professor or some who has a PhD?
Boy 2: I think it’s the professor, coz he has elbow pads.
10. Me: And what do you think is in the special place that Jesus is preparing for us?